There are many different interior design styles, and it can often be difficult to choose one that resonates with us as individuals. As an interior designer, I have an appreciation of design done well – regardless of whether it’s modern, coastal, glamorous, industrial or farmhouse. The beauty is always in the details.
It can also be difficult to find decor that matches our design aesthetic. In this post, I have provided images and an explanation of each of the interior design styles, as well as links on where to find home decor that suits each one.
Although the top 5 design styles are typically Modern, Contemporary, Traditional, Industrial/Urban, and Classic, decorating styles have dramatically evolved over the centuries. Many of these interior design styles were created out of previous styles and have evolved into very unique forms that allow us to express individual personality and taste.
post updated: Feb 2021
Interior Design Styles:
1. Tonal Chic: Perfect for those who love a tonal palette enhanced with reflective surfaces. This style layers organic pieces, lush layers and contemporary pieces.
2. Modern Glam: For those drawn to polish and glamour. From animal prints to crystal chandeliers, mirrored surfaces, global patterns and plenty of sparkle.
3. Coastal Design: Coastal-style is for those who love everything to do with the sea-side lifestyle. From over-sized sofas to nautical stripes, whitewashed accents and a subtle palette of sandy hues and soft blues and greens.
4. Farmhouse: Farmhouse is a decorating style that reflects the relaxed pace of life in the country in a home based in neutral colors, rustic surfaces and salvaged goods.
5. Urban Earthy: These stunning spaces accomplish balance through layered textures, a minimum color scheme and organic accents.
6. Bohemian: For those who want to capture eclectic charm in their homes, with vibrant color, exotic pattern and the spirit of the wanderer.
Come explore a few fun, fresh and adventurous approaches to design.